Rabindranath Tagore birthday: Rabindra Sangeet has been a tutorial for us

Rabindranath Tagore birthday: Rabindra Sangeet has been a tutorial for us

On Rabindranath Tagore's birthday (May 7), singers Shan, Kumar Shanu and dr. Palash Sen on how his poetry and music have influenced their art.

Musicians often talk about the importance of the poetry and compositions of Rabindra Sangeet, Rabindranath Tagore and respect their abilities. It is an integral part of the cultural heritage of Bengal and has been used over the years in the songs of various Bengali and non-Bengali films. Today, on Thakur's birthday, singers Shan, Kumar Sanu and Dr. Palash Sen tells us how his poetry and music influenced them as musicians.

Sean

As a Bengali born and bred in Mumbai, I have always missed my Bengali roots. As a singer and Bengali, I felt inferior because I did not study Rabindra Sangiti. So in my late 30s, when Rabindra Sangeet decided to write an album, I realized what I had lost. There is depth in his poetry, and his writings are so characteristic that they are spiritually romantic, and vice versa. It was a wonderful lesson. It opened up a whole new world for me and helped me develop my mindset and vision. Since then, I have found refuge in Thakur's songs that are part of my farewell and time. Although I did not consciously try to use Gurudev's compositions as a source of inspiration or influence, I'm sure it had a positive impact on my thinking and music.

Dear Thakura Case: Just your words and you will remain silent

Kumar Sanu

I grew up listening to the songs of Rabindranath Tagore. During my singing career, I even wrote many of her songs, including the one I dreamed about . His songs are not easy to read because they are like a textbook for musicians. You need to fully understand great emotion and its poetry. I was very impressed with her performance as a singer. I believe that if you regularly sing Tagore songs, your abilities really belong to the singer. When you sing the song of Rabindra Sangeet, you can master the variety of what you sing.

Dear Thakura Case : You will remain silent

Dr. Broadsword Sen

In the early years of my life, I do not think I was impressed by the life, music or personality of Rabindranath Tagore, also known as Kabiguru, because I compared his poetry to a sad song. I grew up with my grandparents in Jammu and Kashmir and was not impressed with Bengali music. I was almost 21 when I discovered his music. I watched Charulata (1964) and I heard Kishore Kumar's I Chini Go Chini Tomare and it was such a wonderful tune that I got hooked on it. I asked my dad what it meant, and that was the beginning of an affair. From that day on, I fell in love with Rabindra Sangeet. My sister introduced me to another job. After listening to his songs, I learned how to express myself easily. I also learned a lot from him.

Dear Thakura Case : I know you know the sky and the sky is blue .

Subscribe to our best newsletter

near history

0 Post a Comment

Post a Comment